Resolving problems at work
The University of Reading is a great place to work; however, we do recognise that from time to time employees and managers will have workplace or personal issues that affect their working environment or their work performance. This section of the web site details the relevant University policies and procedures for:
- Bullying and Harassment - gives examples of the types of behaviours that can be considered harassment and bullying, outlines our responsibilities as individuals or managers, and lists the formal procedures that staff and students have recourse to.
- Grievance - the formal process for resolving employee workplace grievances.
- Managing Performance and Ill-Health - helping employees whose work performance may be affected by illness or changes to their job.
- Discipline and Misconduct - advice and guidance for dealing with conduct, behaviour and work performance issues.
- Mediation - advice and guidance on resolving workplace disputes informally.
For information on the University's robust equality, diversity and anti-harassment policies please visit the pages.
The HR Partner/Advisor for your School/Function will provide specific advice for dealing with these issues and their advice should always be sought at the earliest opportunity.