The Campus Jobs Hiring Process
Below is a step-by-step guide to the process of advertising and setting up a role via Campus Jobs.
Advertising a Role
- The first step is to obtain financial approval for your request. To do this, please visit the Recruitment Gateway. Please note, you will need to be connected to either a wired connection on campus or the staff VPN to access this.
- Once you have submitted the Recruitment Gateway form, please complete the Advert Requirements form and email the completed form to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Depending on the amount in your Recruitment Gateway request, it may go through various stages of approval. You will receive an email once it has been fully approved. The Campus Jobs team will also receive an email notification of this and will advertise the request as required. This will be published on the Campus Jobs portal which can only be accessed by students.
- The Campus Jobs team will confirm that your advert is live and will send you a 'leap link' which is a direct link to the advert. You won't be able to access it, but you can share the link with students to encourage applications.
- The morning after the closing date, the Campus Jobs team will generate a report for you with the details of any applications received and will provide you with this via email, usually as a link to OneDrive.
- As the hiring manager, you are now responsible for the shortlisting and interviewing process and the Campus Jobs team will not be involved in this process unless issues arise that require our support. Please make sure the process is commensurate to the role. For example, shortlisting by application forms alone may be appropriate for a one-off Student Ambassador or Focus Group Participant role, however this would not be appropriate for a Research Assistant role that will continue for a full academic year.
- Once you have completed your shortlisting and interviews, please update the report sent to you by the Campus Jobs team with the outcome for each applicant. Please remember to provide feedback for all unsuccessful candidates. Feedback is crucial for students to develop their job applications and interview skills. We will not receive notification when the report is updated so please let us know via email so we can update the students and our records accordingly. If you want to notify the successful candidates yourself, please let us know as they will receive an automatic email when we update our systems.
- Once we have the decisions, we will move the successful candidates to 'stage 1' of the Campus Jobs Worker Journey.
Top Tips For Hiring:
- If you've not hired staff before, please complete the Recruitment and Selection training on UoRLearn prior to conducting interviews
- Try to include a minimum of 2 members of staff in the hiring process. For interview panels, consider having 2 or 3 members of staff present
- If you are unsure what rate of pay to use, speak to the Campus Jobs team
- If you are unsure how to phrase something in your advert, consult the Campus Jobs team for advice
A named appointment is when you have an individual in mind that you would like to complete the work. This is usually when you have conducted your selection process internally within the department. As you already know who will be completing the work, the process is similar to the above but without the advertising section.
- The first step is to obtain financial approval for your request. To do this, please visit the Recruitment Gateway. Please note, you will need to be connected to either a wired connection on campus or the staff VPN to access this. Make sure you include the details of the person who will be completing the work and their student email addresses if they are current students. For non-students, we will need their preferred email address.
- Depending on the amount in your Recruitment Gateway request, it may go through various stages of approval. You will receive an email once it has been fully approved. The Campus Jobs team will also receive an email notification of this and will set the role up as required.
- The Campus Jobs team will then contact the worker(s) and send them information on completing a right to work check and accepting the Campus Jobs terms and conditions for this academic year. This is 'stage 1' of the Campus Jobs Worker Journey. They will then continue to follow this process.
- Remember that the worker cannot begin working without completing a right to work check. If you are unsure whether they have done this, please ask the Campus Jobs team.
The Campus Jobs Team
0118 378 4499
Campus Jobs Manager
Campus Jobs Deputy Manager
Campus Jobs Administrator
HR Assistant - Apprentice (Payroll/Campus Jobs)