Aurora - Leadership Development for Women
Aurora is a national leadership development initiative run for women in Higher Education by Advance HE. It aims to encourage women in Higher Education to think of themselves as leaders and to develop leadership skills. The programme offers an ideal opportunity for development for colleagues who are thinking of moving into a leadership role and have some leadership experience.
The experience of the programme enables individuals to:
- Learn - Tools, techniques and strategies from a team of leadership experts, guest speakers and online resources
- Develop - Leadership skills through experiential processes, reflection and conversations
- Network - Meet delegates through five live online development days with interactive breakout sessions and two action learning set meetings
- Connect - With a UK wide network and niche groups through a members only group
- Grow - Supported by a mentor within UoR.
The University funds a limited number of places on the Aurora programme for staff and a call for applications is sent out in July. To apply, you should be in a role up to and including Associate Professor or Professional and Managerial Grade 8.