Find out about how we'll be delivering our courses in 2020.
Develop the knowledge and skills to work as a pharmacologist within the pharmaceutical or life sciences industries with our new BSc Pharmacology with a Year in Industry.
This course has been designed to align with the British Pharmacological Society core curricula and was developed with the needs of the pharmaceutical industry in mind.
- Study the principles of drug action and molecular targets.
- Learn the key mathematical principles and skills required in the industry. This includes statistical analysis as well as handling and analysing big data sets.
- Develop your understanding of systems pharmacology as well as mathematical and computer modelling.
Reading is ranked 11th in the UK for Pharmacy and Pharmacology (Guardian University Guide, 2019), and we have experts in pharmacology, pharmaceutical chemistry and pharmacy practice, as well as biomedical science and mathematics, who are all working on different aspects of drug research.
Your year in industry
Gain key graduate employability skills and experience during your third year, when you’ll participate in a placement with one of our industry partners.
During your studies, you’ll use our purpose-built suite of teaching laboratories and have access to our research facility. These include:
- Laboratories to study organ bath pharmacology
- tissue culture suites
- multi-mode microplate readers (absorbance, fluorescence, luminescence)
- multicolour flow cytometry
- real-time PCR.
You'll also study in our £60m Health and Life Sciences Building, due to open in 2020. It will offer state-of-the-art research and teaching laboratories, seminar rooms, and plenty of study and social space.