Reading in the news - Thu 3 Nov
03 November 2022
#PlanetPartners: working with global partners to protect the environment
- The Guardian (and in print), Yahoo!, News Lanes, and News Break mention research conducted last year by Professor GilesHarrison (Meteorology) on changing the properties of water droplets. Read our news story.
- BBC and Yahoo! feature Professor Ed Hawkins' (Meteorology) climate stripes in articles explaining climate change.
- Engineering Magazine mentions the University's part in a project named RobotHighwayswhich aims to ensure sustainability in the agricultural industry.
- Food Matters Live mentions an upcoming panel with the University of Reading on sustainable ingredient trends.
- Diario De Noticias, Observador, Multi News, Executive Digest, JM Madeira, Postal, Cidade Hoje, Algarve Daily News, and Noticias Decoimbra names Dr Rita Fontinha (Henley Business School) as coordinator of a four-day workweek pilot experience.
- The Past mentions Dr Sara Machin (Archaeology), who took part in the University's excavation of Roman Silchester.
- Raconteur quotes Dr Joe Lane (Henley Business School) on change as continuous in business.
- Spec Finish reports on findings presented by Professor Stuart Green (Construction Management and Engineering) on failures in construction procurement.
- CBI names Vice-Chancellor, Professor RobertVandeNoort as an upcoming speaker at an event on investment in the UK.
- TUCO (in print) lists Dr Samantha Mudie, who works at the University as an energy officer, as an upcoming panelist in their annual winter conference.
- Sunday Post (in print) mentions Edith Morley, who taught at the University of Reading and had been named the first female professor in England before another was given the title.
- Ipoh Echo reports that the University took part in organising a community outreach programme in Malaysia entitled 'ScienceMeets Society'.
- Public Technology mentions a report by Henley Business School on skill gaps in civil service.
- The Reading Chronicle publishes an article about someone who recently suffered a heartattack and was resuscitated by a staff member at the University's Sports park.
- Paudal features an image of a dust mite provided by the University.
- Spec Finish cites research conducted with the University.
- A Reading graduate tells a hotel mishap story on BBC Radio 1.
- This Day Live publishes an article by Reading graduate, Tommy Odemwingie, on averting starvation.
- Wokingham Paper (in print) mentions Reading graduate and UK MP, Penny Mordaunt, in her role as Speaker of the House of Commons.
- Yorkshire post (in print) reports on a trilogy written by Reading graduate, Philip Tyler.
- Fer Press reports on the appointment of Henley Business School graduate, Jakob Wegge-Larsen, as the CFO of DB Schenker.
- HPC Wire lists Reading graduate, Mary Jane Bopape, as a keynote speaker in an upcoming conference workshop on computing.
- News 24 publishes an article on business strategy by Henley Business School graduate, Innocent Mafahla
Loading additional items please wait....