Reading in the news - Tue 23 Aug
23 August 2022
#PlanetPartners: working with global partners to protect the environment
- Descopera reports on the University's research on the impact of weather systems on sea ice melt by flying research aircrafts into Arctic storms. Professor John Methven (Meteorology), who is leading the research, is quoted. Read our news story.
- Continued coverage of Dr Rob Thompson's (Meteorology) online video showing how droughts impact how the ground absorbs water by Focus Junior.
- Dr Marissa Joseph (Henley Business School) competed in round three of Pointless on BBC 2.
- Express quotes University experts on the unlikely existence of a big cat living in Berkshire.
- Heart Radio Berkshire, The Reading Chronicle, Berkshire Live and Daily Advent report on the presence of an unauthorised encampment on the University's campus.
- Professor Bhismadev Chakrabarti (Psychology) spoke to BBC Radio Berkshire about gut health.
- Dr Cathy Manning (Psychology) spoke to BBC Radio Berkshire about a sensory supermarket experience that she created in order to allow people to experience it in a similar way to how autistic people do.
- Professor Glenn Gibson (Food) is quoted by News Amed on the accuracy of stool samples to determine the existence of gut bacteria.
- Jon Foster-Pedley (Dean and Director of Henley Business School Africa) is quoted by Head Topics on the cost of business schools going virtual.
- An article written by Ted Malloch (previously Henley Business School) on the American Democratic party is published by OANN.
- Berkshire Live mentions the University's support of Reading Buses by helping to source long-term funding.
- A UCU press release on how universities invest cash mentions Reading’s branch campus in Malaysia.
- Diva Magazine mentions the support that an LGBTQ+ advocate has provided to the University.
- Casino International and Casino Meister report on the stepping-down of Reading graduate, David Flynn as the CEO of Swintt to become one of its board members.
Loading additional items please wait....