BSc Business and Management (Marketing) with Placement Year
Develop the marketing expertise to succeed in the rapidly changing world of business – and gain valuable real-world experience – with our BSc Business and Management (Marketing) with Placement Year degree.
This flexible, four-year course, taught by experts from Henley Business School, equips you with the fundamental skills of business – from theory and practice to their real-world applications. An integrated Placement Year provides a fantastic opportunity to put your skills into practice in preparation for your future career.
You’ll study marketing in the wider context of business management, gaining a firm understanding of its practice, concepts and theories. These include:
- marketing communications
- digital marketing
- branding theory and practice
- consumer behaviour
- optimising marketing performance.
As your studies progress, you’ll have the option to specialise in different areas of marketing that interest you most, and develop your knowledge and skill set.
Alongside this, you’ll study the core disciplines that underpin business – including economics, psychology and sociology – and explore theories and concepts such as:
- international strategy
- organisational behaviour
- data analytics
- human resource management
You’ll learn through a combination of lectures, seminars, practical workshops, and self-guided study. This will provide the opportunity to discuss subject materials in an in-depth way with your lecturers and fellow students.
Throughout your studies, you will:
- explore the interdisciplinary nature of business
- apply the skills and knowledge you learn to current business problems
- study the emerging challenges facing global markets.
Choose BSc Business and Management (Marketing) with Placement Year at Henley Business School
- This programme is accredited by the Chartered Institute of Marketing (CIM), meaning that you will gain exemptions from most CIM professional Certificate programmes.
- Ranked 16th for Business and Management in the Guardian University Guide, 2024.
- Triple-accredited status from the UK, European and US accrediting bodies (AMBA, EQUIS and AACSB).
Flexible study options
After the first year of your BSc Business and Management (Marketing) with Placement Year degree, you will have the option to transfer to any of our other specialist pathways:
- BSc Business and Management (Accounting)
- BSc Business and Management (Entrepreneurship)
- BSc Business and Management (Data Analytics and Digital Business)
- BSc International Business and Management
- BSc International Business and Management with a Modern Language
Alternatively, you could transfer onto the more general BSc Business and Management where you’ll be offered a wide range of options in your second and final years – allowing you to tailor your learning to your individual interests.
We also offer two other variations of this course: BSc Business and Management (Marketing), a three-year course without a Placement Year; and BSc Business and Management (Marketing) with Study Year Abroad, a four-year course with a year studying overseas instead of on placement.
Placement Year in industry
In your third year, you’ll have the opportunity to gain valuable experience in a real-world setting with our Work Placement module.
We will support you to find and secure a placement that’s right for you.
As well as enriching your studies, an industry placement can be an excellent way to:
- deepen your knowledge and develop new skills
- build a network of industry contacts
- boost your employability with new experiences
- learn more about the sector you may wish to enter.
A focus on employability with BSc Business and Management (Marketing) with Placement Year
In addition to your Placement Year, we work hard to ensure that the personal skills required to secure, and succeed in, future roles are embedded into the curriculum.
Alongside your business acumen, our focus on self-development aims to prepare you for the external market – from internships and placements to full-time employment.
For example, you will undertake a short, guided project in your second year focusing on social responsibility in action. Working with local communities, you’ll have the opportunity to put your skills into practice, gain new experiences, and open yourself up to new ways of thinking.
Visit the Henley Business School site for more information on this programme.