What Felix Scholarships are available?
Scholarships for Indian citizens
For Indian citizens, up to six Felix Scholarships are available to students pursuing either a PhD or a master's.
Scholarships for students from developing countries*
One award, for study at master’s level only, will be made to a student from a developing country.
*The Felix Trustees have indicated that the one scholarship available to students from developing countries is aimed primarily at candidates from Africa and excludes "all Western countries, including most of the European Community, and China/Taiwan". If nominated by the University for the award, the eligibility of high-quality candidates from countries other than India and Africa will need to be approved by the Felix Trustees.
To be eligible for all the Felix Scholarships offered, you must be applying to start a full-time postgraduate degree at the University of Reading. You must be able to demonstrate academic excellence and financial need and are expected by the Trust to return to work in your home country after completing your studies.
Please note, candidates who already hold a master's degree cannot apply for a master's degree scholarship.
For the scholarship for Indian citizens, the following eligibility criteria apply:
- You must be an Indian national and not currently be living or studying outside of India.
- You must have not previously studied for one year or more outside India.
- You must have at least a first-class bachelor's degree from an Indian university or comparable institution. Those with an upper second-class degree at a bachelor's level may be considered if they hold a first-class degree at master's level.
- You must not hold a degree from a university outside of India.
This scholarship is available to students pursuing either a PhD or master's.
For the scholarship for students from developing countries, the following eligibility criteria apply:
- You must have at least a first-class bachelor's degree from a university or comparable institution. Those with an upper second-class degree at a bachelor's level may be considered if they hold a first-class degree at master's level.
- You must not hold a degree from a university outside of your home country.
Please note that this scholarship is for master's level only.
PhD candidates from developing countries are encouraged to consider alternative funding options. These can be found in our wider list of funding opportunities.
Applying for Felix Scholarships
Only those candidates who have been accepted for admission will be considered for short listing. You can apply online for a master’s or PhD on our website. Short listing by all three universities will take place in March and April 2022.
When you have an offer of admission, then you will be able to complete the scholarship application form which is available on me@reading portal.
The scheme is now closed, and we will be in contact with candidates in due course. If you have not had a response to your application by July, you should assume that your application was unsuccessful.