Clearing accommodation at the University of Reading
We understand that your plans may have changed, and you have recently applied to the University of Reading. To support you in this choice and enable you to successfully start your student experience, we have reserved a number of single occupancy rooms for students coming to Reading via Clearing.
Accommodation at Reading
After you have accepted your offer to join the University of Reading through Clearing and we have verified your results, we'll email you with further information about how to apply for accommodation. In the meantime, you can visit our Accommodation Clearing webpages for more information.
We have limited rooms still available. If you apply for accommodation and all rooms are booked, we will place you on a waiting list as a small number of rooms are likely to become available. We expect there to be a further limited number of rooms available after 6 September. We will be in contact to update you on your application.
Your accommodation will be within one of our University halls or a hall managed by one of our chosen partners. All accommodation is no more than 15-minutes' walk from our main Whiteknights campus.
University halls accommodation has all-inclusive rent, meaning there are no hidden costs. Your rent includes:
- all your utility bills
- high-speed Wi-Fi
- student support services
- on-site maintenance support services
- cleaning of communal areas such as kitchens, corridors and bathrooms.
University accommodation is safe and secure, with a 24-hour staffed CCTV control room and regular security patrols. Those living in halls also have access to:
- a 24/7 Halls Hotline, available to deal with all halls-related issues quickly and efficiently
- the Home at Halls residence life programme, bringing you a wide range of events and activities across campus.
The best way to view the different rooms that are available is to visit our Accommodation Virtual tour page.
How to apply
All applications for accommodation are made online via the RISIS portal
Please make your application using the ‘Clearing’ pathway. For all the information on how to apply, our dedicated webpage includes a 10 step application guide, as well as videos about how to make an application and how to accept your offer.
All accommodation is allocated on a first come, first served basis.
If you have a question and have already applied for a place at Reading, you can log into our application portal and contact us via our live chat.
You can also contact the Accommodation Office on 0118 200 5011 or email email@example.com.
Why live in University accommodation?
- All-inclusive utility bills and contents insurance (no hidden costs!)
- High-speed Wi-Fi.
- A dedicated 24/7 Halls Hotline service to help deal with all halls-related issues quickly and efficiently.
- An inclusive Home at Halls residence life programme to support you in feeling part of our community.
- 86% of students would recommend their room to another student.
How to apply
Catering at the University of Reading is brought to you by Clever Cuisine.
Read more about Clever Cuisine.