What are Chevening Scholarships?
- Chevening Scholarships are the UK government's global scholarship programme, funded by the Foreign and Commonwealth Office (FCO) and partner organisations.
- The scholarships are awarded to outstanding scholars with leadership potential.
- Awards are typically for a one year Master’s degree at universities across the UK.
- There are over 44,000 Chevening Alumni around the world who together comprise an influential and highly regarded global network.
- For further information, please refer to the Chevening website.
Who can apply for a Chevening Scholarship?
- Chevening Scholarships are for talented professionals who have been identified as potential future leaders across a wide range of fields, including politics, business, the media, civil society, religion, and academia.
- Applicants should be high calibre graduates with the personal, intellectual, and interpersonal qualities necessary for leadership.
- Chevening Scholarships are available to students from more than 160 countries and territories worldwide (excluding the USA and the EU).
- More than 1,500 scholarships are available for the 2020/2021 academic year.
How can I apply for a Chevening Scholarship?
- Applications for 2020/21 Chevening Scholarships and some Chevening Fellowships opened on 5 August 2019. The application closing date is 5 November 2019.
- Applications must be submitted via the Chevening website.
- Please refer to the guidance on the website before applying, including the frequently asked questions.
- You should also refer to the country webpages on the Chevening website which contain guidance for applicants from your country, including priority subject areas.
2020 Chevening/Reading Partnership Scholarship
The University of Reading and Chevening have been working together for the past 20 years, offering international master's students funding to complete their postgraduate taught degrees at Reading. Over the years, the University of Reading has welcomed nearly 500 Chevening scholars from all over the globe to our campuses.
In addition to the standard Chevening Scholarships (which welcome applications from all Chevening eligible countries in any subject), the University of Reading is pleased to offer a number of Chevening/Reading Partnership Scholarships, which are co-funded with Chevening. The scholarships meet the full cost of your tuition fee, provide you with a monthly living allowance and a travel allowance.
The scholarships are open to students from the following countries, who are applying for eligible master's and postgraduate taught degrees at Reading:
- South Africa
- Trinidad and Tobago
Please see below for the list of eligible master's and postgraduate courses and information on how to apply.
Find out more on Chevening's University of Reading Information page.
How to apply for Chevening/Reading Partnership Scholarship:
Eligible courses for Chevening/Reading Partnership scholarship
In order to apply for a Chevening/Reading Partnership Scholarship, you need to choose an eligible programme and be from one of the following countries.
To find out more
Global Recruitment Team (International) staff and our representatives regularly visit countries around the world to take part in exhibitions, to visit partner institutions and give presentations about both the University and studying in the UK in general.
We also visit other countries and regions throughout the year. Contact us for further information about the forthcoming and future visits to your country.
If you would like to meet a member of staff from the University, we would be delighted to see you at any events that we are attending to talk about our courses or to seek advice about your application.
Please check this page regularly for updates on our activities.