Please note that applications for 2023/4 Chevening scholarships are now closed.
What are Chevening Scholarships?
- Chevening Scholarships are the UK government's global scholarship programme, funded by the Foreign and Commonwealth Office (FCO) and partner organisations.
- The scholarships are awarded to outstanding scholars with leadership potential.
- Awards are typically for a one year Master’s degree at universities across the UK.
- There are over 44,000 Chevening Alumni around the world who together comprise an influential and highly regarded global network.
- For further information, please refer to the Chevening website.
Who can apply for a Chevening Scholarship?
- Chevening Scholarships are for talented professionals who have been identified as potential future leaders across a wide range of fields, including politics, business, the media, civil society, religion, and academia.
- Applicants should be high calibre graduates with the personal, intellectual, and interpersonal qualities necessary for leadership.
- Chevening Scholarships are available to students from more than 160 countries and territories worldwide (excluding the USA and the EU).
How can I apply for a Chevening Scholarship?
- Applications for 2023/24 Chevening Scholarships and some Chevening Fellowships are open now. The application closing date is 1 November 2022.
- Applications must be submitted via the Chevening website.
- Please refer to the guidance on the website before applying, including the frequently asked questions.
- You should also refer to the country webpages on the Chevening website which contain guidance for applicants from your country, including priority subject areas.
2023 Chevening/Reading Partnership Scholarship
The University of Reading and Chevening have been working together over the past 20 years, offering international master’s students funding to complete their postgraduate taught degrees at Reading. Over the years, the University of Reading has welcomed nearly 500 Chevening scholars from all over the globe to our campuses.
In addition to the standard Chevening Scholarships (which welcome applications from all Chevening eligible countries in any subject), the University of Reading is pleased to be able to offer a number of Chevening/Reading Partnership Scholarships, which we are co-funding with Chevening for those looking to study specific programmes at Reading. The scholarship meets the full cost of the tuition fee, provides you with a monthly living allowance and a travel allowance.
The awards are open to students who are from Chevening eligible countries and are applying for the master’s/postgraduate taught degrees at Reading below.
How to apply for Chevening/Reading Partnership Scholarship:
To apply for a Chevening/Reading Partnership Scholarship an eligible applicant must:
- submit an online scholarship application via the Chevening website by 1 November 2022.
- apply for one of the eligible courses at the University of Reading using our online application form.
To find out more
Global Recruitment Team (International) staff and our representatives regularly visit countries around the world to take part in exhibitions, to visit partner institutions and give presentations about both the University and studying in the UK in general.
We also visit other countries and regions throughout the year. Contact us for further information about the forthcoming and future visits to your country.
If you would like to meet a member of staff from the University, we would be delighted to see you at any events that we are attending to talk about our courses or to seek advice about your application.
Please check our 'meet us in your country' page regularly for updates on our activities.