The health and safety of our customers, as well as that of our staff and students, is of great importance to the University of Reading. In line with the Government’s guidelines on social distancing, we will be opening our halls for limited bookings over the summer.
The following guidelines are in place:
- If you or anyone you live with have COVID-19 symptoms or a recent positive test, please do not arrive for your booking and let us know as soon as possible.
- A face covering is required in all shared indoor spaces in the halls and other buildings on campus, unless you're medically exempt.
- Please put on your face covering before entering the building, and use hand sanitiser.
- Please ensure you follow any one-way systems in the common areas at all times.
During the summer months, we welcome over a thousand guests who make our halls accommodation their summer base, offering quality, affordable and flexible accommodation in central Reading. Whether you’re here for a placement, on business, visiting for a graduation ceremony or anything else, we can help with a place to stay.
Rooms and prices
Price per night for UoR
||Price per night for visiting students||Price per night for visitors|
||£18.75 to £23.57
|Basic room (no kitchen facilities)||£16.35
Book your room
Many students wish to stay on in halls after their contract end date. Some of our halls are available throughout the summer, some are available only for short-term bookings and some are not available at all past your contract end date.
If you wish to extend your booking, please carefully check your contract end date with your hall reception and use the table below to see hall availability. If you need to stay past the date specified, you’ll need to create a separate booking.
Please note that 2021-22 Accommodation charges will apply from your original contract end date.
What's included in the booking?
- Bedroom including bed, desk, storage and en-suite facility depending on room type selected
- Access to full kitchen facilities so you can save money on meals by preparing your own
- Access to associated communal areas, including social space and laundrette
- 24 hour on-site Halls Hotline service
- 24 hour Security service
- Unlimited WiFi
- All bills included
Please note that bedding, towels, toiletries and cooking and eating utensils are not provided.
Take a look through our frequently asked questions for more information.