Communicating with Teams
Here are some useful guides for homeworking:
- How to set up and hold a conference call in Teams
- How to turn an Outlook meeting into a Teams meeting
- How to set up a call pick up group
- Troubleshooting headset problems
- Roles in a Teams meeting - (managing large meetings)
- Policy guidelines for using Microsoft Teams (chat, storage and recording meetings): Guidelines for using Microsoft Teams
Following the updated Government advice on 23/03/20, we are unable to hand out headsets as nobody is present on campus.
What are we doing ?
Whilst we are off campus, we are moving individual people to Teams Calling to enable home working, as we can do this remotely. Once we are able to access buildings we will move on to replacing handsets.
The Communicating with Teams project is replacing the existing telephone equipment with Microsoft Teams. Teams can be used either with a headset plugged into your computer, on a phone, or via an app on your mobile.
In the Autumn Term we ran some sessions to familiarise people with Microsoft Teams and the chosen equipment. If you missed these, the slides from the presentation are linked to the left under "Things to Do".
Awareness sessions - Autumn Term 2019 Move Skype for Business users to Teams - weekend of 4/5 January 2020 Removal of Skype for Business - January 2020
- Requirements gathering - Spring and Summer Terms 2020
- Gradual migration of all users to Teams Calling - Summer Term 2020
- Remainder of headsets and handsets given out, collect old equipment - Summer Term 2020
- End of project - July 2020
This is for everybody who uses the university telephone system, i.e. everyone with a computer account on the Whiteknights, London Road, Greenlands and Malaysia campuses.
What do you want to do?
Teams Set up Guide - Setting up Teams
Headset Quick Start Guide - Headset Quick Start Guide (PDF)
Phone Quick Start Guide - Phone Quick Start Guide (PDF)
Microsoft Teams: Quick Reference Guide - Teams User Interface (PDF)
Teams overview - Chat, Calls and Meetings - Communication introduction (PPS)
Teams walkthrough - How to make a call (PowerPoint Show)
Teams walkthrough - Managing Meetings (PowerPoint Show)
Call pick up groups, delegates, hunt groups etc. - Advanced calling features (PPS)
Download Teams: https://teams.microsoft.com/downloads
Microsoft Teams training and videos: Microsoft Teams Help Centre
Five minute video showing you Teams: Microsoft Teams demo
Getting started with Teams: Teams Quick Start Guide