OneDrive for Business
OneDrive for Business is a managed cloud storage that allows users to store and share files and folders online.
All staff home drives, also known as N Drives, need to move to OneDrive for Business.
Where to get it
Simply login to Office 365 to gain access to OneDrive for Business:
Or install the OneDrive for Business app. An installation guide can be found on our knowledge base.
Instructions for moving files
- Home drives (N-drives) move to OneDrive for Business
- Self Service Portal - Home Drive Requirements Form (topdesk.net) - if moving from using NDrive to OneDrive may be a problem for you.
Benefits of moving to OneDrive
Microsoft has provided some user guides to help you get up and running with OneDrive for Business:
- Set up/sign in
- Quick start
- Syncing files between OneDrive for Business and your PC
- Syncing specific files between OneDrive for Business and your PC
- Next steps
- File size limits & restrictions
Use of OneDrive
Ensure there are no contractual restrictions on use of Cloud Storage for the work you wish to store in One Drive. Use OneDrive for collaboration but be mindful that any documents used by a team will need to be moved should the owner of the document leave. Please read the University of Reading's usage requirements regarding OneDrive.
Visit our FAQs page for a list of the most frequently asked questions.
Microsoft has a comprehensive support section on their website which will answer most questions and queries. If not, please use the IT Self Service Portal or call 0118 378 6262.