The IT Service Desk
The IT Service Desk is the first point of contact for all IT fault reports and service requests. Support is available in several ways:
- Online through the IT Self Service Portal
- Telephone 6262 from any internal phone or Teams. If you are on a mobile or calling externally, please dial 0118 378 6262.
- In person, you can visit the IT Service Desk on the first floor of the main Library on a weekday (8am to 5pm) or weekend (9am to 5pm), during term time.
- Emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Answers to many common questions and detailed self-help documents can be found via searching the Knowledge Base within the IT Self Service Portal
How to sign in to the IT Self Service Portal
Follow this link IT Self Service Portal and sign in using your UoR email address and password. Your email address is in the format:
- Staff: <username>@reading.ac.uk
- Student: <username>@student.reading.ac.uk
If you find that TOPdesk links are not working in your browser, please try the following:
- Go to https://uor.topdesk.net/ in an Incognito Window (Chrome) or InPrivate Window (Edge)
- Select Sign in and enter your UoR email address and password as usual
What happens to my request?
All faults and requests are logged on our IT Service Management System (TOPdesk), and you will be automatically issued with a ticket number. All tickets are read within one working day, and a priority allocated. Highest priority is given to faults with core/live systems, including technology used in teaching. Many tickets are passed to other teams in IT once initial details have been taken.
You will be sent updates by email from DTS Service Desk, please make sure you read them as you may need to reply or give us more information.
How do I check for updates? What is happening with my ticket?
If you need to check the progress of an enquiry, please click the "Track my ticket" link in your acknowledgement email, log into the IT Self Service Portal where you can see any status updates or contact us directly by phone and quote your ticket number.
Complaints and Escalation
We know that occasionally things go wrong and we would welcome the opportunity to deal with this quickly and put things right for you. If you need to escalate, please read our Complaints Procedure.
Updated by lm920207 on 12/12/22
- IT Self Service Portal
- Telephone (Internal): 6262
- Telephone (External): 0118 378 6262
- Email: email@example.com
- Monday to Friday: 08:00 - 18:00
- Monday to Friday: 08:00 - 17:00
- Weekends: 09:00 - 17:00 (term time only)
Please note tickets and emails will only be dealt with during working hours.