Film Theatre and TV Department Building
The University has submitted a planning application to build a new Film Theatre and Television (FT&T) building on Whiteknights campus to replace those currently located at Bulmershe Court campus. This is an educational facility for screen and performance teaching and research. It will support academic training in practical and theoretical aspects of film, theatre and television. The new building will include:
- Three theatres, two licensed for public performances
- 70-seat screening auditorium
- Television and film production studio and control gallery
- Audio & video editing facilities
- Workshops for prop construction and costume
- Offices for administrative, technical and academic staff
- Central atrium space for informal rehearsal and group work
Service diversions and enabling works are now complete. Planning approval was granted for the new building (and the replacement of car park 3) on 14 Oct 2009, and subject to archaeological surveys and discharge of various routine conditions imposed by Wokingham Borough Council the construction will start before Christmas 2009. Completion is scheduled for February 2011, with full occupancy by Easter 2011.
The construction site will be fenced off as illustrated.
If you require more information please contact Will Broadway, by telephone on 0118 378 6045 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.