Managing the environment
The grounds team have adopted a wide range of practices to encourage sustainability and biodiversity. For example:
- Retention of dead wood on site to provide a habitat for insects, fungi and amphibians
- Creation of stag beetle habitat
- Recycling most of our green waste by composting
- 5 hectares laid to meadow, providing a habitat for a wide range of insect species
- Where possible stumps are cut high and hollowed to provide a habitat for insects.
Further details are to be found in the Whiteknights habitat management plan.