Our staff and vehicles collect from and deliver to specific points around the University throughout the day. Circulating internal mail is sorted and prepared for distribution as soon as it arrives in the post room ready for delivery on the next round. Mail can be collected at any time from the Whiteknights House basement sorting hub if you need it before the next scheduled delivery. Please telephone 7302 to confirm your item is here beforehand. We never hold mail. If you haven't received something, it is because it has not yet reached us.
How to use internal mail
- To ensure prompt delivery, please make sure you clearly address your mail. Always include a building name and use room numbers where possible. Avoid ambiguities in addresses by not including the School or Department where these are likely to be predominantly associated with a particular building that is not the intended destination. Otherwise, please do include a Department name.
- Addresses on the Whiteknights campus have changed to help us move away from the PO box derived system that confuses visitors and delivery drivers. The new addresses for all buildings are detailed in this PDF (you may have to zoom in).
- If you are reusing an envelope, ensure you have deleted all previous addresses.
- Please take all items to the mail collection area in your building. Alternatively, you can bring your mail directly to the post room in the basement of Whiteknights House. Staff in Whiteknights house can also place their internal mail in the chute in the lift lobby of each floor (not to be used for external mail, bundles or heavy/bulky items).
- When organising a bulk internal mailing please always prepare it in Departmental bundles/ boxes. The easiest way to do this is to order your address label print-outs in Departmental order and then keep them that way. If you manage your own database/spreadsheet for this purpose, it is as easy as setting the sort order before you print. If we receive any large unsorted internal mailing it will be put aside and sorted gradually. All other mail will be sorted as it comes in before we go back to any bulk unsorted items and all other Postal Services work will be given priority over them.
Our collection and delivery timetable
We collect from and deliver to all collection points across the University at least once a day according to the schedule below.
Postal Services collect and deliver all mail only as far as the designated building delivery points. For information about these please check with your assigned Building Services Officer.
Please note, scheduled morning delivery times will vary; they won't start before Royal Mail deliveries have been sorted.
|Chemistry (Depts & Stores)||10:01||15:06|
|Edith Morley Building (G24a)||09:47||15:08||16:10|
|Exams (JJT Ground)||10:09||15:10|
|Hall Farm (Arborfield)*||11:25|
|Harry Nursten Building||10:04||15:08|
|Health & Life Sciences (inc Harborne)||09:52||14:58|
|Henley Business School||10:39||15:52|
|Old Whiteknights House||09:49||15:04||16:06|
|Reading Enterprise Centre||10:03||15:54|
|RSSL (delivery only)||09:56|
|NHS - Erlegh House||10:05|
|Sherfield Hall for Northcourt Group||16:02|
|St Georges, includes Wantage||15:34|
|TVSP Reception Building*||11:15|
|Windsor for Park Group||15:44|
|Monday & Thursday Only|