Property services home
Property Services - providing property solutions
The Property Services Department stewards the University's commercial interests on property matters. We negotiate and manage property lettings and transactions to academic partners, companies and non-University organisations.
We provide an in-house RICS accredited professional service to Schools and the executive wherever the University transacts with external commercial interests on property, driving best value and safeguarding agreements for the University.
We collect rents from tenants, and manage them to best address contractual risk where third parties occupy University buildings and land. We asset manage the University's estate to generate best value returns and identify opportunities to add development gain. University staff considering any property letting or transaction, or facing any commercial interest concerning land and property, are directed to the Property Services team who will assist.
What do we do?
- We provide expert assistance wherever the University transacts or lets property to non-University and third party commercial interests
- We optimise capital receipts and rental income generation; whether negotiating a letting to a corporate partner, disposing of surplus space or simply leasing accommodation for a visiting academic
- We provide property valuation expertise to appraise costs and returns to best inform investment and development viability decisions and ensure budget forecasts are met
- Our RICS accredited professionals are the University's 'intelligent client' interface when managing property consultants, from planning advisors to real estate agents and lawyers
- We asset manage the University's investment and development property portfolio, driving value from the estate. The portfolio currently includes over 1,000 acres of development land and hundreds of residential and commercial lettings. It is diverse across all uses providing houses, flats, offices, telecoms towers, shops, warehouses, open storage and leisure facilities
Please contact Property Services who will be happy to assist and advise on any property related matter.
Interim Property Services Director