Estates Management Services
Property Services - providing corporate property solutions
What do we do?
- We represent University interests on property matters, ensuring the University's corporate objectives are met at all times.
- We provide expert assistance wherever the University transacts or manages property with non-University organisations, partners and third party companies.
- We optimise capital receipts and rental income generation; whether negotiating a letting to a corporate partner, disposing of surplus space or simply securing accommodation for a visiting academic.
- We provide property valuation expertise to appraise costs and returns accurately; to both better budget and ascertain investment viability.
- Our RICS accredited professionals are the University's intelligent client interface when it comes to outsourcing and managing external consultants and agents; from letting agents to planning consultants and real estate lawyers.
When it comes to property, arrangements that may at first seem to be straight forward can sometimes produce unforeseen detrimental consequences such as security of tenure issues or hidden repair costs and tax implications. Property Services provides expert guidance to safeguard the University against such risks, as well as driving best costs and returns wherever third party property transactions are entered into. We work in conjunction with Legal Services to document all lettings and other property related transactions to ensure best practice for the University (Property Services was formerly named the Estates Management).
The Property Services Team asset manages the University's investment and development property portfolio, driving value from the estate and appointed framework consultants. The portfolio includes approximately 1,000 acres of development land, and hundreds of residential and commercial lettings. The portfolio is diverse; providing houses, flats, offices, telecoms towers, shops, warehouses, open storage and leisure facilities.