Our research and innovation strategy
As a research-intensive university, we aim to carry out excellent research that changes our understanding of the world past, present and future; promotes innovation; and tackles current and future challenges facing societies. To that end, we will support an environment and culture that enables excellent research and will make best use of our resources, our strengths, our location and our partnerships at local, national and global levels.
Five interconnected objectives guide our work:
- Strengthen the quality of our research by building individual and collective research leadership
- Strengthen the impact of our research locally, nationally, and internationally
- Enhance collaborations across disciplinary, geographic and professional borders
- Conduct research ethically, and with integrity and transparency
- Sustainably resource research activities and the development of our research infrastructure.
Progress towards the Strategy is monitored against a number of high-level indicators and a set of indicators for each objective, at both the institutional and research division level.
Download the University of Reading research and innovation strategy 2019