BSc Business and Management with Foundation
Gain the skills and knowledge to succeed in the rapidly changing world of business with our BSc Business and Management with Foundation degree.
This four-year programme includes a foundation year that leads directly into the three-year BSc Business and Management course. It provides an excellent route to a degree in business and management if you do not have the typical entry requirements.
The foundation year will provide you with the skills and knowledge to succeed at university. You’ll develop core skills in academic study, writing and research.
Your learning will be delivered through a combination of lectures, tutorials, practical classes and workshops.
A foundation year is more than just a stepping-stone to a degree. You will also benefit from:
- access to our full range of facilities and resources
- full integration into university life, before your degree year begins
- experience of an academic environment, and the ability to work independently
- specialist support and guidance.
After successful completion of your foundation year, you’ll progress onto our three-year BSc Business and Management degree.
This flexible course, taught by experts from Henley Business School, equips you with the fundamental skills of business – from theory and practice to their real-world applications.
Study the core disciplines that underpin business – including economics, psychology and sociology – and explore theories and concepts such as:
- international strategy
- organisational behaviour
- data analytics
- human resource management
You'll learn through a combination of lectures, seminars, practical workshops, and self-guided study. This will provide the opportunity to discuss subject materials in an in-depth way with your lecturers and fellow students.
Throughout your studies, you will:
- explore the interdisciplinary nature of business
- apply the skills and knowledge you learn to current business problems
- study the emerging challenges facing global markets.
Choose BSc Business and Management at Henley Business School
- Ranked 6th for graduate prospects in Business, Management & Marketing in the Guardian University Guide, 2020.
- Triple-accredited status from the UK, European and US accrediting bodies (AMBA, EQUIS and AACSB).
Flexible study options
After the first year of your BSc Business and Management degree, you will have the option to transfer to any of our specialist pathways:
- BSc Business and Management (Accounting)
- BSc Business and Management (Entrepreneurship)
- BSc Business and Management (Data Analytics and Digital Business)
- BSc Business and Management (Marketing)
- BSc International Business and Management
- BSc Business and Management with a Modern Language
If you choose to remain on the general degree course, you’ll still be offered a wide range of options in your second and final years – allowing you to tailor your learning to your individual interests.
A focus on employability with BSc Business and Management
We are passionate about developing your personal skills alongside your business acumen.
Our focus on self-development aims to prepare you for the external market – from internships and placements to full-time employment. The skills required to secure, and succeed, in future roles are embedded into the curriculum.
For example, you will undertake a short, guided project in your second year focusing on social responsibility in action. Working with local communities, you’ll have the opportunity to put your skills into practice, gain new experiences, and open yourself up to new ways of thinking.