What will happen on the day of my interview?
Your interview will include the following:
- A welcome talk delivered by the subject leader
- Subject-specific elements of your interview
- Formal interview
- Written task
Subject-specific elements of your interview
Be prepared for the subject-specific elements of your interview – please refer to the interview information webpage for your subject for further details.
Subject-specific interview information webpages
Art and Design
Design and Technology
Modern Foreign Languages (MFL)
Physical Education (PE)
Religious Education (RE)
The interview questions will focus on the following:
- your motivations for becoming a teacher
- your passion for teaching your subject
- your subject knowledge and specialisms.
There will also be an opportunity for you to ask questions during your interview.
At the end of your interview, a written task will be sent to you via email. You will need to complete and return the written task to the subject leader within a certain amount of time, depending on the subject. Further information about the written task will be given to you at the end of your interview. This will include the following details:
- the title for the written task
- instructions on how to complete the written task
- the amount of time you will have to complete the written task
- the email address you will need to return the written task to, once completed.
Please let us know if any adjustments are needed for you to access this task.
Who will interview me?
You will be interviewed by the subject leader and another interviewer. The second interviewer may be a colleague from one of our partner schools. Please note that we will share relevant background information from your application form with our partner school colleague, but this will not include any sensitive data that you provided as part of your application. If you have any queries or concerns in relation to this, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are looking forward to meeting you at your interview. In the meantime, if you have any questions or if you require any assistance in relation to your interview, please contact email@example.com.