How do I prepare for the subject-specific elements of my interview?
Please be prepared to deliver a five-minute presentation relating to an area of Geography that you are particularly interested in and that is appropriate for secondary pupils at Key Stage 3.
Your presentation should:
- explain why you have chosen the particular area of Geography for your presentation
- include your thoughts on the learning opportunities (in the broadest sense) for the pupils
- include your thoughts on any aspects that you anticipate the pupils may find particularly engaging, difficult, or challenging
- aim to engage with questions or short activities
- provoke discussion – you may wish to end with a question.
- This will be a verbal presentation. Please do not use PowerPoint or other presentation formats (including a whiteboard).
- You may wish to show an object as a prop or resource, but this is not required.
- The presentation should not be a lecture.
If you have any questions about the presentation that you need to prepare, please contact the subject leader, Martin Sutton (email@example.com) before the date of your interview.