BEng Architectural Engineering
Through our three-year BEng Architectural Engineering course, you will combine the creativity of architectural and building design with a strong technical overview of energy systems and environmental engineering.
Learn with a multidisciplinary team of experts who teach the very best of current practice, drawing on their research excellence and extensive experience working with industry.
Our programme offers a grounding in the fundamental principles of architectural engineering, including:
- design and management of building environmental systems
- structural and architectural design
- construction site engineering
- engineering mathematics and statistics
- numerical modelling and programming.
Your studies will be supported by access to dedicated facilities, which include:
- digital technology and software, including building information modelling (BIM), building energy and urban microclimate simulations, and 3D laser scanning
- access to our immersive virtual reality "CAVE", which enables you to interact with 3D digitised environments
- a dedicated resource room containing course books, key professional journals and a wide range of industry specific publications.
We are engaging with the Chartered Institution of Building Services Engineers (CIBSE) and Energy Institute (EI) to work towards accreditation of the programme.
School of the Built Environment
The School of the Built Environment is highly regarded for its research and education. We are ranked 3rd in the UK for the impact of our research in Architecture, Built Environment and Planning (Research Excellence Framework, 2014), and 5th for Building in the Complete University Guide, 2022.
Our close relationships with industry and professional institutions will give you the opportunity to build a network of contacts during your studies, enabling you to develop strong foundations for a sustainable career.
Placements and Study Abroad with BEng Architectural Engineering
Our BEng Architectural Engineering course offers the opportunity to undertake a paid industrial placement year, or a summer placement, before your final year. Our dedicated placement officer will provide tailored advice and support in finding the ideal placement for you. Placements can be located anywhere in the UK and sometimes overseas.
You may also choose to study abroad for a year, giving you the chance to boost your employability while gaining fantastic life experience.
The experience and knowledge gained during an industrial placement, or in studying abroad, will help you make the most of your final year of study. You’ll also gain valuable background knowledge for your future career.