To contact the Graduate School with questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org using your University email and including your student number.
1. See our Doctoral Research Highlights (PDF, 1.1 MB) for an annual round-up of inspiring highlights from the doctoral research community.
2. University Code of Practice on Research Students. A key policy document and important reference point setting out the minimum requirements for research degrees at the University of Reading.
3. Reading Research Development Programme. Provides an overview of the RRDP, a compulsory part of your doctoral research programme, including minimum training requirements.
You can only request a course place through the Graduate School booking pages on the Reading's student information system (RISIS). Visit RISIS (www.risisweb.reading.ac.uk) at the start of each academic term to request places.
- Go to www.risisweb.reading.ac.uk/
- Enter your username and password
- Go to the ‘Actions’ tab on the menu bar
- Select the ‘Graduate School Training & Events’ header
- Select ‘Request a training/event place’
- ‘Continue’ to the complete list of training courses
- At the bottom of the complete list select courses from the dropdown menu
If you are unable to see the ‘Graduate School Training & Events’ header please contact email@example.com.
4. The Graduate School Training and Support Guide (find on Reading Researcher Development page) gives you details of a wide range of training and support available to doctoral researchers. This includes RRDP course descriptions, online course details, training and support offered by other University services and important things you need to know during your doctoral studies.
5. Thesis writing programmes. Details of specialist programmes offered by the International Study and Language Institute (ISLI) in conjunction with the Graduate School which focus on doctoral level academic writing for speakers of other languages.
6. Preparing to Teach programme. Designed to provide you with the training you need to effectively contribute to the delivery of teaching and learning activities to students across the University.
7. Directors of postgraduate research studies. Contacts for the directors of postgraduate research studies in your School or Department.
8. Graduate School staff and postgraduate research studies administrators. Contacts for the postgraduate research studies administrators covering your School or Department and for all other Graduate School staff members.
Contact the Graduate School Office (firstname.lastname@example.org) for:
- queries about the Reading Research Development Programme (RRDP)
- queries about Graduate School facilities
- information about other networking/social events.
Contact the Doctoral Research Office (email@example.com) for:
- management and maintenance of student registration and records
- management of doctoral-specific immigration compliance, information and reporting
- dedicated service for doctoral students
- issuing of CAS for T4 via extension and CAS for Doctorate Extension Scheme
- queries on programme/status/fees payable
- advice on suspensions
- letters of attendance for Council Tax, sponsors etc.
9. Immigration information for postgraduate research students
10. Managing your research data
Other University services
- Student Financial Support team
- Accommodation Office
- University Library
- Study Advice
- University Chaplaincy
- University Medical Practice
- University Counselling Service
- Student Employment, Experience and Careers Centre (SEEC)
- Postgraduate Representation Group
- Disability Advisory Services
- Places to eat