University of Reading cookie policy

We use cookies on to improve your experience, monitor site performance and tailor content to you

Read our cookie policy to find out how to manage your cookie settings

As a doctoral researcher there may be times that you need to make a change to your registration. The below forms are for the most commonly requested changes, but if you want to request something that is not listed then please contact the Doctoral Research Office (DRO) directly on These forms should be completed by you and your School/department and then returned to the DRO for consideration. 

All students

Suspension: PGR Suspension Request
Extension: PGR Extension Request
Change to mode of attendance: PGR Change to Mode of Attendance
Funded placement: PGR UKRI Funded Placement

Students studying on a Student/Tier 4 visa only

Research away: PGR Research Away
Holiday request: PGR Holiday Request
Conference attendance: PGR Conference Attendance

Students studying on a PhD by distance programme only

Request for on-campus study: PGR Request for On-Campus Study

Students wishing to withdraw

Withdrawal: PGR Withdrawal Request