To contact the Doctoral and Researcher College with questions, please email DoctoralandResearcherCollege@reading.ac.uk using your University email and including your student number.
1. See our Doctoral Research Highlights for an annual round-up of inspiring highlights from the doctoral research community.
2. University Code of Practice on Research Students. A key policy document and important reference point setting out the minimum requirements for research degrees at the University of Reading. Includes guidance on By Distance registration.
3. Reading Research Development Programme. Provides an overview of the RRDP, a compulsory part of your doctoral research programme, including minimum training requirements.
You can only request a course place through the Doctoral and Researcher College booking pages on the Reading's student information system (RISIS). Visit RISIS (www.risisweb.reading.ac.uk) at the start of each academic term to request places.
- Go to www.risisweb.reading.ac.uk/
- Enter your username and password
- Go to the ‘Actions’ tab on the menu bar
- Select the ‘Graduate School Training & Events’ header
- Select ‘Request a training/event place’
- ‘Continue’ to the complete list of training courses
- At the bottom of the complete list select courses from the dropdown menu
If you are unable to see the ‘Graduate School Training & Events’ header please contact DoctoralandResearcherCollege@reading.ac.uk.
4. The Doctoral and Researcher College Training and Support Guide gives you details of a wide range of training and support available to doctoral researchers. This includes RRDP course descriptions, online course details, training and support offered by other University services and important things you need to know during your doctoral studies.
5. Thesis writing programmes. Details of specialist programmes offered by the International Study and Language Institute (ISLI) in conjunction with the Doctoral and Researcher College, which focus on doctoral level academic writing for speakers of other languages.
6. Preparing to Teach programme. Designed to provide you with the training you need to effectively contribute to the delivery of teaching and learning activities to students across the University.
7. Directors of postgraduate research studies. Contacts for the directors of postgraduate research studies in your School or Department.
8. Doctoral and Researcher College staff and postgraduate research studies administrators. Contacts for the postgraduate research studies administrators covering your School or Department and for all other Doctoral and Researcher College staff members.
Contact the Doctoral and Researcher College Office (DoctoralandResearcherCollege@reading.ac.uk) for:
- queries about the Reading Research Development Programme (RRDP)
- queries about Doctoral and Researcher College facilities
- information about other networking/social events.
Contact the Doctoral Research Office (email@example.com) for:
- management and maintenance of student registration and records
- management of doctoral-specific immigration compliance, information and reporting
- dedicated service for doctoral students
- issuing of CAS for T4 via extension and CAS for Doctorate Extension Scheme
- queries on programme/status/fees payable
- advice on suspensions
- letters of attendance for Council Tax, sponsors etc.
12. Report & Support online tool for staff, students and visitors to report issues of harassment, bullying, sexual misconduct, hate crimes, and other problematic behaviours.
Other University services
- Student Financial Support Team
- Accommodation Office
- University Library
- Study Advice
- University Chaplaincy
- University Medical Practice
- University Counselling Service
- Student Employment, Experience and Careers Centre (SEEC)
- Newcomers’ group for the families of international students and staff
- Postgraduate Representation Group
- Disability Advisory Services
- Places to eat