How to connect to the Managed Print Service (Windows)
This page tells you how to connect a University owned Windows device to the Managed Print Service. For connecting your personal Windows device to the Managed Print Service, please visit the related DTS webpage.
IMPORTANT: You must be connected to the UoR network (Eduroam or wired - VPN will not work) to be able to connect to our printers.
Connecting to Managed Print Service print queues on Windows (UoR managed device)
1. Click on "Search", the magnifying glass icon🔎, and type Printers
2. Click on 'Printers and scanners' to be taken to the Settings page.
3. On the next screen select, 'Add a printer or a scanner', and wait for a list of printers come up. What you want won't be listed, so click "The printer I want isn't listed" text at the bottom of the list
4. Choose to add printer by name and type in one of the following printer names:
(for black and white printing) \\uorprint.rdg.ac.uk\FollowMe-BW
(for colour printing) \\uorprint.rdg.ac.uk\FollowMe-Colour
5. Click Next and Finish.
6. Repeat for the other print queue.
You can also watch this video guide which takes you through the steps:
Help and assistance
After following these instructions, you may be prompted for your admin credentials. If you are asked for your admin credentials, or if these instructions do not work for your machine, or if you have any other problems when mapping the queues, please contact the IT Service Desk for help.
Note: If you are using a Windows PC which is not part of the Reading domain, when entering your username, you will need to specify the domain: RDG-HOME\username
Updated by lm920207 on 13/11/23