Organising a reunion is a great way to reunite classmates who have lost touch with one another, re-ignite old friendships, make new professional contacts or celebrate a milestone anniversary.
University of Reading alumni regularly organise their own events, from relaxed campus visits to entire weekends full of activities. A reunion offers a fantastic opportunity to reconnect and reminisce with old friends, house mates and classmates. If you are thinking about organising your own alumni event and are unsure of where to start or would like some advice and support, the Alumni and Supporter Engagement team are here to help.
How we can help you
Although every reunion is unique, we can give you advice and help you to plan and organise your own event. We can provide the following assistance:
- Inviting your chosen cohort on your behalf via email or post (providing we have their contact details and consent)
- Promoting your event through our social media channels and alumni website
- Organising campus tours, and even tours of halls of residences and departments (if available)
- Booking rooms for your event on campus (subject to availability)
- Advising you on how to book catering for your event
- Offering a discounted rate at the University's onsite B&B, The Cedars Hotel
- Offering a discounted rate on a number of venues available on campus, including the Students' Union
- Arranging to take photographs at the event
- Signposting you to recommended accommodation providers in the local area
- Inviting a member of a school or department to meet with your group (subject to availability)
- Producing name badges for larger events (if required)
The thought of organising an event can sometimes seem daunting, so we have put together a checklist to take you through every step of the planning process and help you deliver a successful event.
How you can help us
After your reunion has taken place, please do send us any pictures and write-ups of your event as we would love to feature these on our website and our social media channels for other alumni and supporters to read. It also might inspire others to organise their own events too.
We heavily rely on accurate contact data. Although we do our best to maintain records, we sometimes lose contact with our alumni over the years, often due to relocation or the changing of email addresses and phone numbers. Sadly, if details have lapsed, we will not be able to make contact with individuals. If you know of any fellow alumni who we might have lost touch with, please do encourage them to update their details so we can keep them informed of upcoming events and alumni benefits.