Reading in the news - Fri 23 Sep
23 September 2022
#PlanetPartners:working with global partners to protect the environment
- IDW Online, Mirage, Phys.org, What's New 2 Day, and Raumfahrer.net list the University as part of a team researching how global warming affects astronomical observations.
- Professor HannahCloke (Geography/Meteorology) is quoted by New Scientist (in print) on the need for global adaption to extreme weather events resulting from climate change.
- British Farmer & Grower (in print) reports that long-term data shows climate change is impacting hay yields, according to research by Professor Richard Ellis. Read our story here.
COVID-19:expert comment on the pandemic
- Dr Simon Clarke (Biological Sciences) is quoted by Yahoo! on the possible danger that this year's flu season presents, should people become infected with both Covid and the flu at the same time, and again by Yahoo! on the possibility of an increase in Covid cases.
- Professor Kate Williams (History) is quoted by CNN World News, Caribbean Financials, Barbados Gazette, Dutch Caribbean News, and Jamaica Inquirer on the monarchy's sway over public opinion.
- Further coverage by Fox News Online and Audacy of the discovery of a fossilised dinosaur skeleton thought to be complete during a search that Dr Brian Pickles (Biological Sciences) is leading in Canada. Read our news story.
- Student JessAshley (Film, Theatre and Television) discussed what to watch on TV and streaming services this week on BBC Radio Berkshire.
- Professor Uma Kambhampati's (Politics) paper on household spending on education in India is cited by Nature.
- CHRO South Africa reports on Henley Business School's partnership with human recourses conference, HR Indaba.
- The University is listed by Techy Daily News as an institution associated with Yuja Himalayas, a service that enables the storage of large data workloads.
- Business Lancashire lists the University as the 32nd best University for top accounting prospects after graduation.
- Sowetan Live, Banoyi, and Head Topics mention that Rugby World Cup Winner, Tendai Mtawarira is studying for his MBA at Henley Business School.
- Business & Innovation Magazine reports that law firm administrator, Jade, will begin her part-time studies at the University.
- CBCGDF publishes a eulogy for Vernon Heywood, a botanist who recently passed away. He worked as a Professor and Dean at the University until 1987.
- British Equestrian publishes an obituary for former Telegraph correspondent, AlanSmith, who had to turn down a place at the University.
- Devon Live mentions that applicants who applied for the West Country Dairy Awards came from universities including Reading.
- Current agriculture management student, Mary Raymond, is profiled on Wales Farmer.
- PhD student, Sophie Cunnington, is encouraging farmers to report sightings of the yellow wagtail, according to British Farmer and Grower (in print).
- Professor Chris Hilson explains the potential impact of fracking on energy bills, to MailOnline, reposted to Public News Time.
- Reading graduate, Phillip Patrick featured as a guest on the Larry Elder Show and discussed economic inflation and the stock market.
- Wales Farmer and Welsh Country report that Reading graduate, Professor Wynne Jones has been appointed as the new chairman of the RWAS board of directors.
- My Theatre Mates reports on a film and theatre production company run by Reading graduate, Edwin Flay.
- Tan Tieniu, a Reading graduate, has been appointed Secretary of the Party Committee of Nanjing University, as reported by The Limited Times.
Loading additional items please wait....