Reading in the news - Wed 21 Sep
21 September 2022
#PlanetPartners: working with global partners to protect the environment
- Further coverage of Dr Rob Thompson's (Meteorology) viral online video showing how droughts impact how the ground absorbs water by various online TV channels including News Centre Main, KSDK, WLTX, WWL TV, News 9, KTVB, and Fox 43.
- Professor Richard Ellis (Agriculture) was interviewed by BBC Radio Cornwall on the impact of the drought on crops and UK farming.
- Professor Hannah Cloke (Geography/Meteorology) wrote an article for The Conversation on the continuation of the UK's drought, and it is reposted by Stoke On Trent Live.
- Ahram Online mentions an upcoming talk on climate change that Jon Foster-Pedley (Dean and Director of Henley Business School Africa) will feature in.
COVID-19: expert comment on the pandemic
- Dr Al Edwards (Pharmacy) is quoted by Public News Time on the development of a smart mask that can detect Covid on other people's breath.
- Professor Ciara McCabe (Psychology) is quoted by PPC Online and BPCA on the psychological benefits of pursuing a hobby.
- The Farming Forum and Agriland report on a study by Dr Sokratis Stergiadis (Agriculture) on the nutritional value of dairy milk alternatives.
- Jane Williams (Head of Reading Students' Union's Finance) was interviewed by BBC World Service Radio on the reign of Queen Elizabeth.
- Banoyi publishes Jon Foster-Pedley's (Dean and Director of Henley Business School Africa) article on using professional coaching as a powerful tool.
- Food Management interviewed MattTebbit (Head of Catering and Bars) on his impression of college dining in the U.S and his plans for the University's catering this academic year.
- Which? Money (in print) reports that Professor Susan Rose (Henley Business School) will feature as a guest on their podcast, discussing how supermarkets hide their best deals.
- NUS LAW reports on Professor Robert Merkin KC's (Law) upcoming talk on Singapore shipping law.
- Further coverage by Epoch Times of the discovery of a fossilised dinosaur skeleton thought to be complete during a search that Dr Brian Pickles (Biological Sciences) is leading in Canada. Read our news story.
- Your Horse and Everything Horse publish an obituary for former Telegraph correspondent, Alan Smith, who had to turn down a place at the University.
- Facilitate Magazine reports on Henley Business School's research on the benefits of the four-day work week.
- A weather presenter on BBC Radio Manchester mentioned remembering his first day at Reading University.
- News Break reports that American student and New York Fashion Week model, Katie Morse, plans to study at the University.
- The Guardian, Yahoo!, and News Break publish an article on Reading graduate and business leader, Adam Luk.
- IOL, News 24, and News 365 report on the graduation of The Parlotones' frontman, Kahn Morbee, from Henley Business School.
- Press Portal, South Africa Today, and My PR report on the appointment of Henley Business School graduate, Neishell Watson as a business partner of skincare company, My Abbey.
- Street Insider reports on the appointment of Reading graduate, Gemma Brown, as the principal financial and accounting officer of Vaccitech.
- Racing Post reports on the appointment of Reading graduate, Andrew Braithwaite, as the chief executive of the British Racing School.
- UPC reports on the appointment of Reading graduate, Ignasi Buyreu, as the new director of the UPC-FPCAT sustainable mobility campus.
- West Country Voices publishes an article on sustainable farming by Reading graduate (1974), Rory O'Connor.
Loading additional items please wait....