Reading in the news - Tue 06 Sep
06 September 2022
#PlanetPartners: working with global partners to protect the environment
- Professor Paul Williams (Meteorology) is quoted by The Buffalo News and Air Liners on climate change's impact on the severity of turbulence.
- Professor John Hammond (Agriculture) is quoted by Food Navigator on the sustainability of intercropping.
- Professor Richard Ellis (Agriculture) is quoted by Tillage & Soils on Reading's research showing hay yields will decrease due to climate change. Read our news story.
- Dr Liz Stephens (Meteorology) is quoted by News 24 on the Pakistan monsoon and increasingly severe global flooding.
- Potato Review mentions Rothamsted's partnership with the University's Centre for Dairy Research to develop progressive farming.
- The Mirror mentions Reading's performance in The University Challenge where we narrowly lost to Imperial College London.
- Professor Rosa Freedman (Law) was interviewed by France 24 (no link) on what to expect as Liz Truss was announced as the UK's new Prime Minister yesterday.
- The University's Director of Estates, Andrew Casselden, was interviewed by BBC Radio Berkshire about Reading's campus.
- Foreign Affairs reposts Professor Helen Parish's (History) article on The Conversation on the toppling of soviet monuments in Latvia.
- The Hans India reposts Dr Al Edwards (Pharmacy) and Postdoctoral Research Associate, Sarah Needs (Biological Sciences) article on The Conversation on the UTI diagnosis method.
- Wood Zog quotes Professor Glenn Gibson (Food) on the definition of psychobiotics.
- A student at the University was a guest on BBC Radio Berkshire to 'guess the celebrity'.
- Further coverage by Take To News and India Education Diary of the discovery of a fossilised dinosaur skeleton thought to be complete during a search that Dr Brian Pickles (Biological Sciences) was leading in Canada. Read our news story.
- Local Gov and The MJ mention Henley Business School's research on the benefits of a four-day workweek.
- E Architect shares Henley Business research on the regeneration of Bracknell town centre.
- Sohu reports that the University of Reading was ranked third in the UK for the best campus environment.
- Sohu lists Reading graduates as among the top earners after graduating.
- The Reading Chronicle, Bucks Free Press, and Slough Observer list the University as a member of the Thames Valley Chamber.
- Market Screener reports on the appointment of Reading graduate, Caroline Cohen as Head of Investor Relations and Financial Communication at FL Entertainment.
Loading additional items please wait....