Reading in the news - Fri 4 Mar
04 March 2022
- An article by The Telegraph on Russian-related products to boycott quotes Professor Adrian Palmer (Henley Business School) on its effectiveness. It is also reposted by Yahoo!.
- The Reading Chronicle quotes Vice-Chancellor Professor Robert Van de Noort on the University's support for the individuals at a partner institution in Moscow, who have launched a petition opposing Putin’s invasion of Ukraine. Read the Vice-Chancellor’s full statement.
- An article on The Conversation lists Dr Alexander Mihailov (Economics) as an upcoming panel member to discuss what's next for Ukraine, Russia, and the world. It is also republished by Tech Register.
- Dr Kenton White (Politics) was quoted by New Scientist (in print) on the likelihood of the UK becoming involved in the conflict.
PlanetPartners: working with global partners to protect the environment
- Dr Ella Gilbert (Meteorology) is quoted by the Independent and Yahoo! on the importance of renewable and diverse energy and technologies
- Xbox Dynasty, Games Press, Games Unit, Gaming Target, and Profi mention Reading's contribution to the development of a new Farming Simulator game. Read our news story.
- Phys.org, SC Online News, and Eurasia Review posts an article by the University that quotes Dr Buwen Dong (Meteorology) on Reading's research on the link between changes in air pollution levels and extreme summer weather in Europe and Asia. Read our news story.
- Reading.co.uk reports on Professor Ed Hawkins's (Meteorology) updated climate stripes following the latest IPCC report on climate change impacts. Read our news story.
- Dr Sarah Cardey (Agriculture) is quoted by the Church Times on the impact of climate change on the growth and cultivation of produce and crops, and the income of fairtrade farmers on the front lines of the climate crisis.
COVID-19: expert comment on the pandemic
- Dr Simon Clarke (Biological Sciences) is quoted by News Colony on Moderna's patented DNA sequencing of a part of Covid's spike protein.
- MBA and Leader quote Jon Foster-Pedley (Dean and Director of Henley Business School Africa) on Henley Business School Africa's Sol Plaatje media scholarship.
- MBA quotes Jon Foster-Pedley (Dean and Director of Henley Business School Africa), Professor Bernd Vogel, Professor John Board, and Associate Professor Chris Dalton from Henley Business School UK and Linda Buckley from Henley Business School Africa on Henley's teaching approach.
- Nature World News reposts a University article that quotes Professor Mark Pagel (Biological Sciences) on leading research, alongside Dr Ciara O’Donovan (Biological Sciences) and Dr Andrew Meade (Biological Sciences), on Darwin's theory of gradual process. Read our news story.
- Ofertas Belleza mentions a 2004 study carried out by Professor Emeritus Philippa Darbre (Biological Sciences) on breast cancer and parabens.
- Radionica mentions Professor Ben Laker's (Henley Business School) research on the positive effects of meeting-free days in the workplace.
- Great British Life lists Lady Eve Balfour, a University graduate and the founder of The Soil Association, as an inspiring female figure.
Loading additional items please wait....