Reading in the news - Fri 2 Dec
02 December 2022
- Dr Cathy Manning (Psychology) was interviewed by BBC South (about 13 minutes in) about research identifying why autistic people can find supermarket environments so challenging. Read our news story.
- Dr Simon Clarke (Biological Sciences) is quoted by The Sun on the low threat that strep throat bacteria present.
- Dr JacquiTurner (History) was interviewed by Times Radio on the legacy of the first sitting woman in parliament, Nancy Astor.
- Dr Saeed Bagheri(Law) is quoted by Wired, Pedfire, Web Times, News Now, and TVN on how Iranian people are spreading the news of human rights violations through the freedom of Twitter.
- Dr Soon Gweon (Ecology and Evolutionary Biology) is mentioned by Phy.org, Science Daily, and My Droll for leading a study on mould and fungi in sinks and drains. Other students at the University took part in the study, including PhD student, Zoe Withey, who is also quoted.
- Medium mentions Henley Business School's research on the benefits of the four-day workweek.
- Vice-Chancellor, Professor Robert Van de Noort’s monthly column for Wokingham Today focuses on the University's achievements this year and the upcoming festive events to be held at the University.
- Professor Yipeng Liu (Henley Business School) is mentioned by CCG for being part of a seminar on challenges to migration around the world.
- JonFoster-Pedley (Dean and Director of Henley Business School Africa) is quoted by Art on a new Henley Business School Africa art installation.
- Business Magazine reports that the University will host a research hub on the role offoodsandbeveragesin healthandrecovery.
- Nutra Ingredients reports on a study that the University's Ethics Committee conducted on the protein requirements for older people.
- Bridging Loan Directory mentions a finance talk that took place at the University.
- Oxford Times (in print) mentions planning permission that the University received to develop housing in Didcot.
- BBC Radio Shropshire interviewed Reading graduate, Heather Reid, on her career.
- SME Tech Guru and Contact Center World report on the appointment of Henley Business School graduate, Shobana Maikoo, as the new head of TransUnion's business process outsourcing facility.
- AD and MSN list University graduate and artist, Bhajan Hunjan, as a nominee for the Max Mara Art Prize.
- Oprah Daily interviews Reading graduate and writer, Bolu Babalola.
- Yorkshire Business Daily reports on the appointment of Reading graduate, James Witty, as a graduate surveyor at Dacres Commercial.
- University World News publishes an article by Henley Business School graduate, Stacey Francis, on finding study opportunities.
Loading additional items please wait....