Teams Meeting Rooms
What is a Teams Meeting Room?
A Teams Meeting Room is a way to manage hybrid meetings.
Microsoft Teams Rooms for Windows brings video, audio, and content sharing to Microsoft Teams calls and meetings wherever you host them, from small huddle areas to large conference rooms.
How to book a Teams Meeting Room
Follow these steps to book a Teams Meeting Room. You need to ensure you've booked the physical room as well as the Teams Meeting Room:
- Book the physical room as usual through Room Bookings or CMISGo.
- In Outlook Calendar, click on New Appointment then Teams Meeting on the top bar.
- Complete title as usual.
- Invite any remote attendees as usual on the Required tab.
- To invite the Teams Room, type TMR (short for Teams Meeting Room)into the location bar.
- You will see a list of all the Teams meeting rooms on campus, select the one you want, e.g. TMR WKH CR2.
- Complete any other details as usual and send the invite.
On the Day
Enter the room and the system will switch the screen on for you, your meeting will show on screen and on the touch control panel on the desk. Press "Join" on the touch control panel to start the meeting.
We have designed the rooms to be as simple as possible. Everything in the room is controlled via the Teams interface on the touch panel on the table, including the speakers and microphones in the room. The controls for Teams Rooms are very similar to those you'd have on the Teams desktop app for a meeting.
The Microsoft Teams Room support page has comprehensive instructions. We would suggest you familiarise yourself with these instructions before your meeting.
- Learn about the touchscreen console
- Invite a room to a meeting
- Join a meeting
- Start an instant meeting
- Make a phone call
- Share content
- Manage participants
- Change your view in a meeting
- Manage other meeting options
We also have some downloadable guides:
Page created by lm920207 on 16/05/23