PGCert Pharmacy Practice
The PGCert Pharmacy practice is a workplace-based programme, aligned to the Royal Pharmaceutical Society's Foundation Pharmacy Framework, which allows pharmacists to develop their clinical and service skills.
This collaborative programme between local NHS pharmacy services and the University provides pharmacy practice training that is responsive to the UK government's national objectives.
Training is aligned to the Royal Pharmaceutical Society (RPS) Foundation Pharmacy Framework, and your learning will reflect the local context in which pharmacists work, and the changing needs of patients.
This is a workplace-based learning programme and placements are part of your employment prior to enrolment. You will be taught through blended learning which combines face-to-face with online study. The School of Pharmacy has a clinical skills lab where you will undertake OSCEs.
You may be sponsored by your employer or may choose to self-fund. If you are being sponsored you should ensure funding is in place prior to submitting an application as places cannot be held in the event of funding not being secured.
There is flexibility within the programme. You may choose to exit the programme with the PGCert and/or take a break prior to starting the PGDip. The programme is part of the Joint Programmes Board (JPB) partners group and there is flexible movement of students who complete the PGCert to study in other local HEIs.
97% of our research is of international standing (Research Excellence Framework [REF] 2021, combining 4*, 3* and 2* submissions – Allied Health Professions, Dentistry, Nursing and Pharmacy).
Upcoming cohort enrolment options:
PGCert - 30 September 2022
Start date: 16 November 2022
- Applications for this cohort are now open
- Deadline for applications: 30 September 2022
- View the enrolment timetable for the next available course
- If you have any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The required documents to be submitted with your application are found in the 'Entry requirements' tab, along with information about how to apply online. Failure to upload the correct documents may lead to your application being rejected.
- If you are interested in applying after the deadline, please contact email@example.com – sometimes we can operate a waiting list if applicants withdraw at the last minute.