LLM International Commercial Law – February or September entry
Combine the study of law and business with our LLM International Commercial Law.
This interdisciplinary course is taught by the School of Law and the ICMA Centre, part of the renowned Henley Business School.
We prepare you to graduate with a diverse portfolio and skill set through our:
- practice-focused approach. Develop valuable links with employers, gain real-world experience, and embed your learning in professional practice.
- focus on research intensity. Advance your research skills with the support of experienced academics. You'll be in good company: 99% of our research is of international standing (Research Excellence Framework 2021, combining 4*, 3* and 2* submissions – Law).
You will develop a comparative, international perspective of commercial law and benefit from:
- high quality teaching and modules led by expert academic researchers and practitioners
- opportunities to hear from guest speakers who excel in their fields
- a dynamic, learning environment.
Create your own pathway with LLM International Commercial Law
Tailor your master’s study based on your interests and career aspirations. You can graduate with an LLM International Commercial Law, or choose to specialise by choosing one of our many pathways with specific, optional modules.
All students will study Advanced Issues in International Commercial Law, together with a chosen specialist pathway. There is a wide range to choose from, including:
- Corporate Finance
- Banking and Financial Regulation
- Insolvency and Corporate Rescue
- International Dispute Resolution
- Competition Law and Regulation
- Intellectual Property Law and Management
- Information Technology Law
- Oil and Gas Law
- Energy Law and Natural Resources
- Economic Law
You will be required to complete both the specified module(s) for your chosen pathway, and a written project related to that area of law.
Any specialisation is recorded on your degree transcript, and can offer a niche for future employment. Plus, studying across different departments gives you the opportunity to network and broaden your knowledge base.
Make valuable connections
The Centre for Commercial Law and Financial Regulation (CCLFR) is a research hub established for commercial law students by the School of Law and ICMA centre. It focuses on:
- conducting research and disseminating knowledge of international commercial law and financial regulation
- advancing legal scholarship
- bringing together scholars and policymakers from law and finance
- influencing the development and application of commercial law and finance regulation in practice, through research projects, conferences, teaching and publications.
Flexible study options
This master’s course is for graduates with either legal or relevant, non-legal experience – you will be considered on individual merit regardless of discipline.
You can attend this course on a full-time basis over one year, or part-time over two years.
For more information, please visit the School of Law's website.