BSc Business and Management (Entrepreneurship) with Placement Year
Develop the skills to become a successful entrepreneur in the rapidly changing world of business – and gain valuable real-world experience – with our BSc Business and Management (Entrepreneurship) with Placement Year degree.
This four-year programme, taught by experts from Henley Business School, combines the rigour of a management degree with the creative spirit of entrepreneurship. You’ll gain the expertise to embark on your own business venture, with modules covering opportunity recognition and evaluation, financing, “growth-hacking”, and resource management. An integrated Placement Year provides a fantastic opportunity to put your skills into practice in preparation for your future career.
Your studies will provide:
- a solid foundation in business, marketing, and entrepreneurial finance
- practical entrepreneurial techniques, including lean start-up, business model generation, and design thinking
- hands-on experience in business development and sales
- the ability to manage and direct yourself as an entrepreneur
- the opportunity to create a business idea through the Entrepreneurial Project module.
In your final year, you will also have the option to run your own business with support and mentorship from the Henley Centre for Entrepreneurship.
Throughout your degree, you will also study the core disciplines that underpin business – including economics, psychology and sociology – and explore theories and concepts such as:
- international strategy
- organisational behaviour
- data analytics
- human resource management
You’ll learn through a combination of lectures, seminars, practical workshops, and self-guided study. This will provide the opportunity to discuss subject materials in an in-depth way with your lecturers and fellow students.
Choose BSc Business and Management (Entrepreneurship) with Placement Year at Henley Business School
- Ranked 6th for graduate prospects in Business, Management & Marketing in the Guardian University Guide, 2020.
- Triple-accredited status from the UK, European and US accrediting bodies (AMBA, EQUIS and AACSB).
Flexible study options
After the first year of your BSc Business and Management (Entrepreneurship) with Placement Year degree, you will have the option to transfer to any of our other specialist pathways:
- BSc Business and Management (Accounting)
- BSc Business and Management (Data Analytics and Digital Business)
- BSc Business and Management (Marketing)
- BSc International Business and Management
- BSc International Business and Management with a Modern Language
Alternatively, you could transfer onto the more general BSc Business and Management where you’ll be offered a wide range of options in your second and final years – allowing you to tailor your learning to your individual interests.
We also offer two other variations of this course: BSc Business and Management (Entrepreneurship), a three-year course without a Placement Year; and BSc Business and Management (Entrepreneurship) with Study Year Abroad, a four-year course with a year studying overseas instead of on placement.
Placement Year in industryIn your third year, you’ll have the opportunity to gain valuable experience in a real-world setting with our Work Placement module.
We will support you to find and secure a placement that’s right for you.
As well as enriching your studies, an industry placement can be an excellent way to:
• deepen your knowledge and develop new skills
• build a network of industry contacts