Dunsden is a crescent shaped block, situated next to the newer parts of Mackinder Hall and within the Park Group of halls. Visit our Flickr gallery for more images of Dunsden Crescent and have a look at our handy Key Fact Sheet for hall specific information.
- 130 en-suite shower rooms.
- All rooms include a catered meal package. This allows meals and snacks to be purchased via a weekly cash allowance.
- Park Eat is located just five minutes' walk away or use one of the other catering outlets on campus.
- Shared kitchenettes are provided for preparing drinks and simple meals.
- Located on the edge of Whiteknights campus within a short walk of academic buildings.
- 40 week residency period available.
Take a virtual tour to get a closer look at our accommodation.
En-suite room Floorplan
Our en-suite rooms are comfortable and well-equipped with fitted furniture, shelving units and a private shower room.
The Accommodation Guarantee applies to students who meet one of the following criteria:
- a new full-time undergraduate who holds Reading as a firm UCAS choice and applies for accommodation by 23:59 on 1 August, and satisfies any conditions of their academic offer by 31 August of their year of entry
- a new full-time postgraduate who has accepted an offer from the University and applies for accommodation by 23:59 on 1 August, and satisfies any conditions of their academic offer by 31 August of their year of entry.
Read more about the Accommodation Guarantee (PDF, 255KB)
Room types at Dunsden
Weekly rent 2020-21
Weekly rent 2021-22
Catered en-suite room
Dunsden crescent's location
Dunsden Crescent's location in highlighted in red on the map above.
Download a comparative map of all Whiteknights Campus based halls.