Reading researchers among most influential in the world
15 November 2022
Some of the world’s most influential researchers are at the University of Reading, according to a new global analysis.
The Clarivate Highly Cited Researchers 2022 lists more than 6,900 most cited researchers in the world - those who have published a high number of papers ranking in the top 1% most-cited in their respective fields over the past decade, according to Web of Science.
This group includes five exceptional University of Reading researchers. Clarivate describes those included in the Highly Cited Researchers list as the “who’s who” of influential researchers. The Reading researchers included are:
- Professor Nigel Arnell – a climate scientist looking at the global impacts of climate change
- Professor Glenn Gibson - a microbiologist who has shown the role of gut bacteria on human health
- Professor Ed Hawkins – a climate scientist who designed the now world-famous climate stripes to raise awareness about rising global temperatures
- Professor Simon Potts - an ecologist who studies the role of bees and pollinators
- Professor Andrew Urquhart – an expert in finance and finance technology at Henley Business School
Professor Parveen Yaqoob, Deputy Vice-Chancellor and Pro-Vice Chancellor for Research & Innovation at the University of Reading, said: “The University of Reading is a research-intensive university, and we pride ourselves on conducting research of the highest quality across the sciences, social sciences, arts and humanities.
“It is fantastic to see five of our colleagues listed among the most cited in the world, demonstrating our global influence across a broad range of fields.”
Professor Justin Paul, a visiting professor at Henley Business School, was also named in the Clarivate Highly Cited Researchers 2022 list, in the Economics and Business category.