Reading in the news - Fri 14 Oct
14 October 2022
- An article forThe Conversation about the general assembly's condemnation of Russia's actions, references Dr Joseph O’Mahoney’s article on the war in Ukraine, also for The Conversation. Dr Mahoney’s article is also mentioned by Yahoo!.
COVID-19:expert comment on the pandemic
- North Wales Live quotes Dr Simon Clarke (Biomedical Sciences) on the expected increase in Covid cases this winter.
- Professor Jo Pheonix (Law) spoke to Talk TV and Talk Radio about new restrictions that transgender women are no longer allowed in women's prisons.
- Cancer Research UK quotes Dr Alanna Skuse (English Literature) on how people have written about cancer throughout history.
- The Economic Times, Bangladesh Weekly, Sri Lanka Weekly, Pakistan Weekly, Asian Times, Dev Discourse, Eastern Eye, and GG2 Net report that the University will be among a panel of leading universities to select 75 Indian students to honour in celebration of India's independence.
- The Business Magazine, Reading.co.uk and Maghress report on the Times Higher Education 2023 rankings, which has placed the University among the top 200 institutions in the world, Vice-Chancellor, Professor Robert Van de Noort, is quoted. Read our news story.
- A speaker on BBC Tees mentions the University's recreation of the face of an upper-class North African woman who was found buried in 1901 with expensive jewellery.
- Canada Now quotes Dr BrianPickles (Biological Sciences) about new research on how a dinosaur, alongside its skin, came to be mummified.
- BBC Radio Berkshire spoke to returning student Jess Ashley about her review of Hocus Pocus 2.
- Street Insider mentions that Dr Christopher Astle was a guest lecturer at Henley Business School.
- The Citizen reports on University findings that healthy eating and exercising can improve levels of happiness.
- News AM reports on collaborative University findings that gluten-free diets do not benefit healthy people.
- Market Research mentions the University's partnership with Tungsram to research the benefits of using LED lighting for strawberry development.
Loading additional items please wait....