Reading in the news - Tue 11 Oct
11 October 2022
#PlanetPartners: working with global partners to protect the environment
- An Express article on the potential for winter blackouts quotes Dr Christopher O’Reilly (Meteorology) on how even small temperature changes could cost billions.
- Star Tribune and Telset quote Professor Mathew Owens (Meteorology) on the power of solar storms to wipe out power grids.
COVID-19: expert comment on the pandemic
- Dr Simon Clarke (Biomedical Sciences) spoke to BBC Radio London about Covid vaccination rates.
- Dr Darius Widera (Pharmacy) is quoted by the Daily Mail (and in print), MSN, News Break and Public News Time on the safety of treatments from private clinics.
- Dr Alexander Gilder (Law) was interviewed by BBC Radio Berkshire about UN peacekeeping.
- Nutrition Insight quotes Professor Gunter Kuhnle (Food) on a new study about ultra-processed foods.
- Greek site Pentapostagma quotes PhD student Mohammed Al-Mosaiwi (Psychology) on findings that people who experience depression are more likely to have a 'black and white' view of the world.
- Print Week quotes Professor Benjamin Laker (Henley Business School) on the steps necessary for the UK to adopt the four-day work week.
- Further coverage of research led by Dr David Field (Psychology) on the benefits of Vitamin B6 for mental health by What Doctors Don't Tell You (in print).
- Eat Play Drink reports on collaborative University findings that a healthy lifestyle increases levels of overall happiness.
- Architect Projects mentions the involvement of director and mentor, Katie Parfitt, in the University's Thrive Mentoring program.
- Lagos Television reports on Henley Business School's partnership with the Lagos State Government to provide training for young people in the creative industry.
- IFM reports on the University's appointment of Pareto FM to provide services at Thames Valley Science Park.
- The Sun reports on Reading alumna and TV Meteorologist, Laura Tobin's birthday.
- Dawn reports on the founding of a spice company by Reading graduate and entrepreneur, Aniqa Irfan.
- Construction Management interviews Reading alumni and managing director, Peter Jackson, on his career.
- Sight and Sound mentions that Chinese actress, Tang Wei, is a Reading alumna.
Loading additional items please wait....