Reading in the news – Fri 25 Nov
25 November 2022
UCU strikes: i News and Greatest Hits Radio report on industrial action taking place at UK universities, including Reading.
#PlanetPartners: working with global partners to protect the environment
- Dr Laura Wilcox (Meteorology) was interviewed by BBC World Service Radio on the impact of aerosols on climate change. Read our news story.
- Professor Ed Hawkins (Meteorology) is quoted by Positivr and Bol News on his climate stripes and Ammon News and Klyoum display his graph depicting global average temperature change.
- Professor Richard Allan (Meteorology) is listed by The Business Magazine as an upcoming speaker during Reading's Climate Fayre.
- Mirage News and The University of Edinburgh report on collaborative University research into how lockdowns impacted the atmosphere's makeup.
- India Education Diary mentions the University's use of carbon labels on food products to help reduce emissions in consumption.
- My Job Task mentions the University's part in a project named Robot Highways, which aims to increase efficiency and improve environmental sustainability in food production.
- UKRI mentions the University's research at the National Centre for Earth Observation as part of a new funding announcement.
- Dr Simon Clarke (Biological Sciences) was interviewed by Talk TV and Talk Radio on what the flu is, how serious it can be, and the importance of getting the flu jab.
- Dr Rita Fontinha (Henley Business School) is mentioned by Observador, Leportale, Total News Agency, and Head Topics after attending a leadership summit in Portugal.
- Diari De Terrassa and Terrassa Digital mention an upcoming talk by Dr Chrissi Kelly (Food) as part of a conference on the treatment of olfactory disorders.
- Mercado highlights a pivotal study on team roles that was conducted at Henley Business School.
- Theatre News reports on a new show, ‘The Voice’ commissioned by the University and others, making its debut in 2023.
- CFO Tech, E-Commerce News, Data Center News, Security Brief, IT Brief, CFO Tech, and Channel Life report on the promotion of Reading graduate, Andrew Bryson at FM Global.
Loading additional items please wait....