Reading in the news - Thu 26 May
26 May 2022
COVID-19: expert comment on the pandemic
- Dr Jane Parker (Food) is quoted by The Guardian (and in print), Yahoo!, Science Daily, Mirage, Tech Register, Business Mayor, Business Fast, True Viral News, and Germanic on parosmia. Read our news story.
- Professor Ian Jones (Biological Sciences) is quoted by The Science Times on the clear distinction between Covid and monkeypox, amid false claims that the two are connected through vaccination.
#PlanetPartners: working with global partners to protect the environment
- Emeritus Professor, Brian Hoskins (Meteorology) is mentioned by New Statesman for his appearance on BBC 4's Today, where he debated climate change and extreme flooding.
- Dr Michaela Hegglin (Meteorology) is quoted by The European Space Agency on the use of satellites to document the state of the global climate system.
- Wokingham Today and Museums + Heritage Advisor report on the University's collaboration with the Natural History Museum to develop a centre for natural sciences research at TVSP.
- Dr Simon Clarke (Biological Sciences) is quoted by Express Digest on monkeypox.
- Dr Mark Shanahan (Politics) is quoted by NewsWeek on the elections in Georgia.
- Business Review reports on Henley Business School's partnership with Envisia.
- Back China refers to a University study on India's highways.
- A speaker on BBC Hereford and Worcester mentions studying at the University.
- Wales 247, Wales Farmer, and Tivy Side Advertiser report on the appointment of a Reading graduate as The Royal Welsh Agricultural Society's new chief executive.
- Investegate mentions a graduate of the University for reviewing inside information for a company's announcement.
- Property Magazine mentions the retirement of a Reading graduate as the CEO of Bouwinvest.
Loading additional items please wait....