Reading in the news - Fri 20 May
20 May 2022
Natural History Museum Collaboration: The Breeze Radio and Greatest Hits Radio report on the University's collaboration with the Natural History Museum to develop and global and sustainable base for natural sciences research at the Thames Valley Science Park. Coverage includes quotes by Vice-Chancellor Professor Robert Van de Noort. Read our news story.
Monkeypox infections: Dr Simon Clarke (Biological Sciences) was interviewed by GB News and is quoted by the Daily Mail, Express Digest, What's New 2 Day, Business Mayor, Business Telegraph, Business Fast, News Break, News Colony, The News Amed, The BOBR Times, Weekly Voice, New Kerala, Western Journal, and the symptoms, risks, and transmissibility of monkeypox, and by IFL Science on the development of monkeypox vaccinations.
Ukraine: Dr Samuel Poskitt (Agriculture) spoke to BBC Radio Berkshire about the effects of the war between Ukraine and Russia on global food security.
- The Independent, Yahoo!, and Tech Register quote a University study on the economic value of pollinating insects in the UK.
- Bored Panda quotes Professor Mark Fellowes (Biological Sciences) on the behaviour and feeding pattern of seagulls.
- Forbes quotes Dr Rebecca Jones (Henley Business School) on empowering employees through coaching.
- Sepe GR, Open, Reporter, Capital, and Banks report on Henley Business School's collaboration with CEO Clubs Greece to create the Henley MA Board Practice and Directorship Program, led by Professor Andrew Kakabadse (Henley Business School).
- WJR Radio Detroit mentions Henley Business School's research on the benefits of a four-day workweek.
- Henley Standard reports on the appointment of Paul Lindley as the University's new chancellor. Read our news story.
- Relocate Magazine reports on the sponsorship of visiting research fellow, Dr Jenny Robinson (Henley Business School) and her collaborative research on the requirements of leadership.
- Jess Ashley, a student from the University and a regular guest on BBC Radio Berkshire, spoke about a play she watched in London.
- Athina 984 publishes an obituary for Reading graduate and deputy mayor of Athens, Ira Valsamaki-Ralli.