Reading in the news - Thu 19 May
19 May 2022
#PlanetPartners: working with global partners to protect the environment
- Professor Nigel Arnell (Meteorology) is quoted by Sky News, Yahoo!, The Irish Times, RND, and others on the seriousness of reducing emissions as the World Meteorological Organization's most recent report finds the world set alarming new records in four key tests of climate health last year.
- Professor Ed Hawkins (Meteorology) is quoted by KN Politics on the meaning of his climate stripes.
#UniForReading: our role as a civic university
- Afghanistan International covered an upcoming University event on the UN's involvement in Afghanistan which has been organised in collaboration with the University's Global Law at Reading (GLAR) and the Afghanistan & Central Asian Associations.
- Dr Simon Clarke (Biological Sciences) was interviewed by Talk TV and Talk Radio, and is quoted by the Daily Mail, Yahoo!, Express Digest, What's New 2 Day, SOT, CanIndia, Business Fast, National Herald, Med India, Today UK News, News Colony, Web India 123, and others on the symptoms and transmissibility of monkeypox.
- Professor Hannah Cloke (Geography / Meteorology) is quoted by Yahoo! on the risk of heat-related illness and death resulting from frequent heatwaves.
- Dr Alexander Mihailov (Economics) spoke to BBC Radio Berkshire about global inflation and the cost of living.
- Professor Matthew Owens (Meteorology) is quoted by Wokingham Today on the meteor shower that hit the south of England on Monday night.
- Dr Isabel Hughes (Deputy Director of The Museum of English Rural Life) spoke to BBC Radio Berkshire about the Museum's latest exhibitions, themes, and focuses.
- BBC Radio Berkshire reports on the appointment of Paul Lindley as the University's new chancellor. Read our news story.
- The University is mentioned as the correct answer to the Gibbons Stamp Monthly (in print) quiz.
- The Times (and in print) publishes an obituary for the bird artist and Reading graduate of 1958, Robert Gillmor.
- A graduate of the University is mentioned by Investegate for reviewing inside information for a company's announcement.
Loading additional items please wait....