Reading in the news - Tue 17 May
17 May 2022
#PlanetPartners: working with global partners to protect the environment
- Dr Nasreen Majid (Education) spoke to BBC Radio Berkshire about the importance of incorporating climate change education into teaching worldwide.
- The Dairy Site and The Cattle Site report on the use of an algae supplement, developed alongside research from the University, with livestock to reduce methane emissions and greenhouse gasses.
Hunga Tonga volcano: Daily Sun, India Education Diary, Today Headline and SOTT cover new research co-authored by Professor Giles Harrison (Meteorology) that has confirmed the Hunga Tonga volcanic eruption in January was the biggest explosion ever recorded in the atmosphere. Read our news story.
- Professors Nada Kakabadse and Andrew Kakabadse (Henley Business School) write for BCS, The Chartered Institute for IT on the ethical problems around artificial intelligence.
- ACSH and News Break quote Professor Ian Givens (IFNH/Agriculture) on the validity of claims that vegan diets promote weight loss.
- Non-Proliferation reports that Dr Joseph O'Mahoney (Politics and International Relations) has won the 2020 McElvany Award from the James Martin Center for Nonproliferation Studies, at the Middlebury Institute of International Studies at Monterey, for his research on Canadian and US policy after India's 1974 nuclear test.
- Gulf Times and Qatar Tribune report on the publishing of a book written in collaboration with Dr Naeema Pasha (Henley Business School) on career futureproofing.
- 247 News Agency quotes Dr Charlotte Mills and Professor Gunter Kuhnle (Food) on the health benefits linked to turmeric, and its use in coffee.
- MIT Sloan Review publishes an article by Professor Ben Laker (Henley Business School) on what the four-day working week means for the future of work. All Work Space also refers to the Henley Business School research on the benefits.
- Today UK News mentions Emeritus Professor Kevin Warwick, professor of Cybernetics, for testing an implant that allowed him to connect to computers, control robots, and sense ultrasound.
- Burgersagt, Inar, Artikel Presse, BSOZD, PR Mitteilung, Presse Mitteilung, Presse Portal, PR News 24, Ruppi Mail, PR Echo, Geld FM, and Press Network publish an article by Henley Business School Graduate and executive coach, Reinhard F. Leiter, on using the crisis as an opportunity.
- INCUBA reports on the appointment of a Henley Business School graduate to its board.