Reading in the news - Wed 2 Mar
02 March 2022
Ukraine: iNews quotes Dr Alexander Mihailov (Economics) on the impact of economic sanctions on Russia following their invasion of Ukraine.
#PlanetPartners: working with global partners to protect the environment
- Dr Ella Gilbert (Meteorology) is quoted by the Independent, Yahoo!. Tech Register, and Phone Week on the importance of renewable and diverse energy and technologies
COVID-19: expert comment on the pandemic
- Dr Alexander Edwards (Pharmacy) is quoted by RRI on COVID-19 antibody tests.
#UniForReading: reaffirming our role as a civic university
- Reading.ac.uk reposts a University article that quotes Vice-Chancellor Professor Robert Van de Noort on a Distinguished Volunteer award presented recently by the University. Read our news story.
- Reading.ac.uk reposts a University article that quotes Sian Walsh (International Recruitment Team Member), on how money from the Community Fund initiative is helping a local homeless charity. Read our news story.
- Dr Tara Pirie (Biological Sciences) spoke to BBC Radio Berkshire as part of a regular ‘coffee club’ segment.
- The University of Cambridge, Mirage, and Militaria & History report on a joint initiative between Reading and Cambridge to digitally scan and map an ancient Roman city buried beneath York.
- Firmen Presse, Business News Asia, News Maker, and others mention Professor Wing Lam's (CEO and Provost, University of Reading Malaysia) talk on the value of the arts.
- Karfitsa, Thestival, and Voria report on a possible partnership between the University of Reading and the Aristotle University of Thessaloniki.
- Martin Batt (Catering), is quoted by TUCO (in print) on completing his master's degree in Hospitality Leadership in Universities and The Public Sector.
- Lady Eve Balfour, a University graduate and the founder of The Soil Association, is listed by Suffolk Magazine as an inspiring female figure.
- Reading.ac.uk reposts a University article that quotes James Ackroyd (Global Recruitment & Admissions) on the rise in applications from students wishing to study at Reading this year. Read our news story.
- The University is listed by Architects Daily File and Building Construction Design as a previous client of Gilbert to develop ventilation solutions.
- Edu777 lists the University as one of the top 500 places to study in the world.
- IT Pro quotes Henley Business School's research on side-hustles.
- Nalc mentions University research on council management of neighbouring plans.
- Servindi mentions research on Drug Crops and Development in the Andes.
- Global Diaspora News reports on a Reading graduate's appointment as the General Director of the International Potato Center.
- A Reading graduate is quoted by Business Money on starting up her own business.
- Entertainment Daily mentions that Laura Tobin, weather presenter for Good Morning Britain, is a Reading graduate.