Reading in the news - Tue 1 Mar
01 March 2022
#PlanetPartners: working with global partners to protect the environment
- Professor Chuks Okereke (Geography and Environmental Science) is quoted by NBC News, Yahoo!, and Daily Magazine on Africa's vulnerability to climate change.
- Dr Ella Gilbert (Meteorology) spoke to LBC News about the far-reaching impacts and consequences of climate change recorded by the IPCC Working Group II report.
- Professor Ed Hawkins (Meteorology) is quoted by Pina on the consequences and extreme effects of climate change.
- Professor Helen Bilton's (Education) article on the launch of a free course on climate education offered by the University to primary school teachers is published by Nursery World. Read our news story.
- Professor Hannah Cloke (Geography / Meteorology) is quoted by Sentinel (in print) on weather reports based on sophisticated computer modelling.
COVID-19: expert comment on the pandemic
- Dr Simon Clarke (Biological Sciences) answered BBC Radio Berkshire's questions on how the pandemic is progressing in the rest of the world; and he is quoted by TVN and Science-Based Medicine on Moderna's patented DNA sequencing of a part of Covid's spike protein.
- Professor Ian Jones (Biological Sciences) is quoted by The National News on Covid immunity.
- Dr David Rose (Agriculture) is quoted by RSN on his research on the impact of Covid on farmers' mental health. Read our news story.
- Dr Alexander Edwards (Pharmacy) is quoted by RRI on the use of Lithium Heparin in some Covid antibody tests.
- Dr Kenton White (Politics & International Relations) is quoted by New Scientist on the direction he expects military action to go.
- Dr Unis Nisa (Architecture), Reading's Community Partnership Manager, spoke to BBC Radio Berkshire about an upcoming exhibition in the town exploring what people value about their communities.
- Professor Andrew Kakabadse and Professor Nada Kakabadse's (Henley Business School) article on stewarding trust is published by Financier Worldwide.
- The University is mentioned by Mirage for its part in a collaborative study on soil microbial DNA.
- Professor Fiona Ross (Typography) is listed by Ethical Marketing News as part of the judging committee for entries submitted for the TDC Beatrice Warde Scholarship programme.
- A Big Issue North interview with an actor references that she studied at Reading.
- A former employee's commute from Reading to see plays in London is mentioned by Eastern Daily Press (and in print), and North Norfolk News.
- A graduate of the University is mentioned by ADVFN, Investegate, and Shares Magazine for reviewing inside information for a company's announcement.
- Two University graduates are listed by Investing News as among those working for Japan's Gold Management Team.
Loading additional items please wait....